Thursday, June 10, 2010

Top Things Thursday

Hot Wheels.


Hot Wheels are one of the biggest parts of our child hood. If you're male, or had a brother, there's a good chance you grew up around tiny cars. And there's a good chance your foot is deformed from stepping on all of them.

 For those of you who were born after 1999, hot wheels are little die-cast cars that are modeled after real cars.. and eventually they ended up looking like monster cars, and cars that weren't real.

 They also had tracks that the cars could race down. I had probably 100 feet of orange track that I would hook together. I'd place the start on the highest point I could reach by standing on my bed, and then let it slope down and I'd race all my cars, set some at the bottom so they'd crash, and set up ramps.

 There was this accessory you could get called "Criss Cross Crash". It had motors in it that shot the cars around one loop of track, then it'd come back around and it would shoot it around the next loop. The whole point was to put a bunch of cars on the track so they would eventually crash into each other. Most of the time I'd get tired of waiting for them to crash, and I'd just set up a straight line of track so it would ram right into it. The heaviest car was the best one to use.

 There's been games and thousands and thousands of toys for years and years, and I doubt there will be a stop to it soon.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I was in Walmart a month ago or so and most Hot Wheels are still based on real cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually really good to hear, I like it when corporations don't conform to the changing trends.

    ReplyDelete